How’s it going, gals? Hopefully, you’ve had a beautiful and romantic Valentine’s week! We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s, you should show love every day, but on the other hand, it’s nice to watch the whole world get filled with hearts because we love hearts! Girls, this a bit of a special post, because there’s an awesome giveaway waiting for you at the end!
Many of you leave us messages asking what we eat and about our healthy diet. We value this trust a lot and are doing everything to not disappoint you. We actually bought a few books about tips and tricks of healthy eating! But, of course, it needs to be stated that we are not experts, we are just really into it. And don’t think that we don’t indulge on something here and there, please! Sure, we do, because we love food (even junk food) and for example, on Friday, each of us, unrelated, ate one huge and super tasty pizza!!! You know what’s more important than starving yourselves? Get moving and balance the diet (so, not having pizza daily, only sometimes) – THAT COULD BE THE SECRET TO OUR SUCCESS!
Another trick is to eat more often, but smaller portions. Nothing new, right, but it works! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, that’s obvious. But the problem comes with morning and afternoon snacks we usually have at work. We prepared a recipe for a morning snack for you with white yogurt, because yogurt gives us plenty of energy besides other benefits. When we saw all of them, we could not believe our own eyes!
- Helps metabolism – protein, which is in yogurt, helps metabolism by increasing energy output, meaning the amount of calories you burn throughout the day.
- Strengthens immune system – regular consumption of yogurt strengthens immunity and lowers the probability of many diseases
- Works against osteoporosis – yogurt has many nutrients which are important for bone health. All of these vitamins and minerals fight against osteoporosis, disease causing softening (weakening) bones. Studies indicate that eating at least three dairy products a day (yogurt included) helps to protect bone loss and bone firmness.
- Weight loss – yogurt has a high amount of protein which, together with calcium, increase the level of hormones of fullness. Studies have found that people who eat yogurt, generally eat healthier that those who don’t. It’s partially caused by yogurt having a lot of beneficial nutrients even though it has a low calorie count.
- Effective beauty agent – it works wonders not only on our health but also on skin. Calcium, protein, lactic acid can go a long way. White yogurt is considered to be a home remedy when battling acne.
So, what now, girls, was this enough to persuade you to eat yogurt? You can eat it plain, but we have this wonderful and easy recipe here for you today, that you can make during the weekend and take it to work in a cup or something like that. It’s yummy!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
1/2 of a cup of quinoa
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1 cup of almond milk
Vanilla seed (or aroma)
2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
White protein yogurt
We create the first layer by pouring the almond milk on quinoa and chia, sweeten with honey or maple syrup and add cinnamon and vanilla. To become thicker, leave in a fridge for 2 hours.
Regarding the mango, you can use any fruit you like and the best would be to change the fruit from time to time, so you don’t get bored with the taste. Peel the mango, remove the pit and mix it/put it in a blender. To have nicer and more defined layers, put it into a freezer for a few hours.
When it comes to white yogurt and mango, not much left to say. We’ve discovered plain white Rajo yogurt with protein and used that one (so we wouldn’t be hungry in an hour). This whole protein line is amazing, it definitely has added value for us. We added vanilla to the yogurt layer to give it stronger flavor.
At the end, put it into some transparent cup or bowl (to see your masterpiece). Start with the quinoa layer, then mango, and yogurt. Decorate with a piece of mango. Healthy and also lovely snack is ready! And it tastes even better than it looks, guaranteed!
Hands up those whose mouths have just watered! The more of you, the happier we are! We love getting pictures of your creations, then we know that our work paid off! 😀
Well, and here you have the mentioned giveaway where you can win a bundle of Rajo protein products! Leave us a comment, here under today’s post, with at least one reason why it’s good to eat yogurt. Each one of you (men included if there are any) who leaves a comment will have a chance to win next Sunday. The winner will be announced in next Sunday’s post, where you can look forward to another great topic also with a giveaway (on Instagram this time)!
Enjoy this Sunday!
Katka and Iva